Tuesday, July 24, 2007

July 24th, 2007 - I've Been Released!

Hi Friends!

Well heard from the fertility clinic. All babies are doing well and so I am now officially released to see my local OB. YEAH....another exciting event in this surrogacy.

Update on the babies: Baby A and Baby B are both measuring 10 weeks and 4 days, while Baby C is measuring 10 weeks. So considering I was 10 weeks and 1 day yesterday when the ultrasound was done, the babies are doing just great. ALSO after talking with the Perinatologist, they do not recommend reduction AT ALL!!! Very very interesting considering all we were told via the agency and their doctor experts! My unprofessional opinion is that it really had to do with the insurance not covering triplets.

There is no doubt about the fact that I am high risk because of triplets but I have faith in my doctors here to advise the IP and me what to do. ALSO Abbott is a highly rated Level 3 hospital, so the surro babies and I will be taken good care of.

I have my first OB appointment at Abbott this Friday morning. Got to cross my fingers that my hubby will be around to drive me there. :) I think if he just drives me once and I know where I'm going, etc, driving my big huge suburban won't be so scary for future apointments! lol Then I will have a genetic counseling and ultrasound in three weeks.

I think the ultrasounds are really neat. Not to mention seeing all three of them! Did I mention that they are all in their own sacs and have their own placentas? That is supposed to be all good!

Dinner at Red Lobster was good. I wasn't so sure how I was feeling before going b/c I got so sick, but I've been laying around so much that I just wanted to get out, as did my friend too....GETTING OUT WITH NO KIDS!!! We met a waitress there that had triplets who are now 16 years old! So that was neat and interesting. She delivered at 29 weeks because her water broke for one of the babies. I think we are hoping to get to 34 weeks which will be January. I have this fear that I will be delivering at 32 weeks which is two days before CHRISTMAS!!! That will be such a bummer to spend Christmas week in the hospital...although....I remember Christmas of 92 I spent at Presby hospital in Dallas, TX when pregnant with my first baby....it was for dehydration b/c I had morning sickness SO BAD! Anyways...it just seems typical of something to go wrong...it will be during the holidays! Right?! lol Well if it does happen over the holidays, the good thing is that my husband's family live here and hopefully they will help hubby entertain the kids.

Well hubby is at softball with our oldest daughter. It is way too hot out there for me to be out there, so he took her. I'm glad b/c I feel guilty and bad when I have to just drop her off and there is no one there to watch her play. LOL Probably b/c my parents NEVER ever went to any games that I ever played in. Oh well...just glad that hubby took her. And the kids are watching a new Veggie Tales movie and the oldest is playing Xbox 360 (of course)...so perfect time to go take a nap!!! :)

Have a great day!
A Surrogate Mom

No comments: